Browse our job openings.
Where talent meets opportunity
Peninsula Private Chef
- Bay Area, Peninsula
- Typically M-F, flexibility needed
Busy family of five is seeking a Private Chef. This family is looking for someone that can work a VERY flexible schedule, split shift, early morning breakfast and dinner service Monday to Friday, occasional late evenings. We will be considering local candidates with their own vehicle. Tastings are now being scheduled-the family prefers to have chefs cook 3-5 days for the tasting/trial period. Chefs will be paid $30 hr for their time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a gifted chef who wants to wow a family with every meal they cook. The family truly appreciates fine food and wants a chef who stays abreast of the latest food trends. Chefs with at least 2 years of private home experience will be given preference. The family is looking for a “go-getter” type who is comfortable around children and pets. *We are looking for candidates who are absolutely committed to maintaining a clean and organized work environment.*
- Creating daily menus for family meals, including tutors and nannies.
- Occasional entertaining, dinner parties, and special events(server is brought in for groups of 6 or more)
- Food inventory control
- Grocery shopping for all food/kitchen items
- Prepare occasional lunch for family and staff
- Leave healthy snacks in the refrigerator
- Prepare food for the weekend
- Organize and manage the kitchen/butler’s pantry
- Complete kitchen sanitation/cleaning-floors, vents, etc..
- Setting the table/nightly dinner service
- Maintain china/silver/ and other formal table items
- Work as liaison during large catered events
- Able to work a very flexible schedule, occasional travel
- Must have recent experience in very high-end fine dining restaurants
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Owns a vehicle for shopping and errands with valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Should be able to gracefully accept constructive criticism
Job ID # 631-JOB