Our client in Woodside family has just begun their search for a high-level Assistant Estate Manager. The Assistant Estate Manager who is hired will serve as the gatekeeper for the family and will be responsible for a wide range of duties. Candidates should have at least five years of estate management experience with a busy, high-net-wealth family.
Candidates will exercise decision-making authority, use judgment and discretion in handling extremely confidential matters. Position requires high-energy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to think quickly. Our client prefers to consider local candidates who have a strong background in private service.
The ideal candidate will be discreet, cheerful, warm, a go-getter, and will have a clear understanding of professional boundaries. Our client is a direct communicator; candidates should feel comfortable with this communication style.
- Local Candidates Only, Please
- Start Date: ASAP
- Monday-Friday(business hours, working in office on estate, with flexibility to work occasional weekends, evenings, and handle emergencies)
Excellent Salary | DOE
- Act as gatekeeper for family, liaise with all vendors, contractors, family office, and estate staff
- Manage estate staff, scheduling, etc.
- Complex calendar management; coordinate frequent and complex travel itineraries
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance, often of a highly confidential nature
- Schedule appointments and meetings; brief principals on matters to be considered
- Facilitate arrangements for meetings and special events, coordinate and interact with staff, and VIPs, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the family and key staff members
- Ensure that the estate is always guest-ready
- Assess overall support needs of estate and manage workflow for staff
- Promote teamwork and professionalism
- Coordinate projects as assigned by family
- Hands-on duties as needed, general errand running, light personal service, etc.
- Pet care: manage vet appointments, groomers, etc.
- Proven record of success as an estate manager, stellar references from past employers are mandatory
- High energy and ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Ability to work under pressure with constant deadlines and changing priorities, maintaining a calm demeanor
- Ability to handle very sensitive and highly confidential issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Strong verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and act in a proactive manner
- Must be authorized to work legally in the US
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- 24/7 mentality (to handle emergencies)
- The family has cats, no cat allergies, please