Amazing estate team in the Silicon Valley has an immediate opening for an Assistant Landscape Manager. This a rare opportunity, the person who is selected for this opportunity will enjoy a professional work environment and a generous compensation package.
- Full-Time Position
- Reports to: Landscape Maintenance Manager
- Open to candidates from outside of the area
- Hands-on position!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the landscape maintenance manager in maintaining the grounds of the estate, including oversight of staff, irrigation, watering, pruning and shaping, fertilizing, pest management and overall health and wellbeing of the landscape and hardscape on the property.
- Oversee management of the irrigation system daily including daily work orders for irrigation adjustments and repairs.
- Maintain all lawns by making sure they are manicured to correct heights and see that proper equipment is used.
- Prune and shape all hedges to design specifications and schedules.
- Manage and implement a fertilization program that is safe and effective for the wellbeing and health of all plants on the property including interior plants and water plants.
- Assist the Landscape Maintenance Manager in an integrated pest management process for all types of pests in the garden by using an organic approach where possible.
- Maintain and implement a clean and tidy property grounds free from leaves, debris, and soils by executing a daily site cleanliness program.
- Assist to maintain and implement a clean and tidy property grounds free from leaves, debris and soils by executing daily site cleanliness program
- Monitor and communicate soils conditions, both wet and dry to the Landscape Maintenance Manager and assist in managing any soils problems.
- Maintain an equipment inventory and storage of all landscape products and supplies in a highly clean, organized and consolidated manner.
- Maintain all hardscape to a level of no stains or problems within your control and report any problems both minor and major to the Landscape Maintenance Manager.
- Be prompt and on time to all meetings, scheduled work and all timelines established by the Landscape Maintenance Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Estate Manager and Landscape Maintenance Manager.
Competencies and Other Requirements:
- Must have a valid and current Driver’s License and be able to drive assigned company vehicles as needed.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis and be able to work on various slopes, grades and on various surfaces including lawns, tarps, concrete, soil, mulched areas and other hardscapes.
- Must be able to communicate in English, either written or orally.
- Must have and express a positive approach to problems and situations that may arise during the course of the work shift.
- Strong preferences for candidates who have private estate experience, or those who have worked in top-level commercial environments, botanical gardens, or reputable landscaping services.
Please email us for additional details: email@example.com