Upper East Side, New York family has an immediate need for a full-time professional Butler | House Manager. The position is live-out in Manhattan, and live-in when travel to secondary residences is required, Locust Valley, Vermont, Southampton. Ideal candidates for this position will have a background in high-level restaurants or hotels, and private residences, and should be focused on providing the family, and their guests, with world class service at all times. In addition to personal service, the candidate who is hired will be responsible for the supervision of the staff of 6, and management of the residences, with the assistance of support staff who are based in the family office. This is a new position for the family, it is likely that the duties will evolve over time. Candidates should be flexible and easy going, and have a true service heart.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Live-In | Live-Out
- Now Interviewing
- 5 day work week, frequent weekend work
- General house management
- Scheduling vendors, home maintenance
- Event planning, 2-50 guests
- Supervision of 6 staff members
- Act as gatekeeper for the family
- Table service, party coordination-clean up
- Wine service, management of cellar
- Create systems to achieve maximum efficiency
- Manage household inventories, purchasing household supplies
- Pack/unpack luggage as needed
- Inventory wardrobes, manages repairs
- Personal shopping, errands
- Travel to auxiliary residences as needed
- Care of fine antiques, surfaces, artwork
- Must be local to the New York area, no relocation compensation is being offered
- Must have a very strong hospitality background, Maitre d’, general manager, dining room captain, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in a luxury home required
- “No job is too small” attitude, must be willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in!
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are important in this role
- Candidates must speak at least basic Spanish, French language skills would be a bonus
- Frequent weekend and holiday work-must be flexible to accommodate the needs of the family
- Should be willing to work in a home with children and pets
- Must be willing to travel as needed-and live-in during travel periods.
- $85 | 125K DOE
- Full benefits, after 90 days of employment
- Discretionary bonus