Caregiver/companion for a young adult on the autism spectrum.
Full and part-time positions available. Our client’s job description is below:
We are a growing team of caretakers in a private residence, looking to expand our team. We care for an enthusiastic and energetic young man with autism. As his caretakers, we aid him with dressing and hygiene, communication, self-regulation, emotional well- being, and transportation to and from various activities. He enjoys a multitude of activities including hiking, riding his bike, surfing and listening to music. This is a great job opportunity for college students, especially those working toward degrees in occupational therapy, special education, psychology and speech pathology. We have both full and part-time jobs available. Both full and part-time applicants would need to available afternoons and evenings Tuesday-Saturday. The exact times and days are flexible and negotiable.
– assisting with dressing, toileting, basic hygiene
– transporting individual to various activities (car provided)
– flexibility on scheduling is highly regarded, applicant must be able to commit to working one weekend day, opportunities for travel are also available
– this is an active job that requires a considerable amount of strength and physical movement. One must be able to exert up to 80 lbs of force occasionally, 40 lbs of force frequently and 20 lbs of force constantly to move objects, equipment and work/ play with the individual. Lifting, climbing, balancing, crunching, kneeling, walking etc. are all part of the everyday work environment
– a calm and patient demeanour, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and be part of a team
Applicants must have:
-CA drivers license (car provided for use during work hours)
– high school diploma or equivalent
– experience with individuals on the autism spectrum
– background test and screening process