Our client in Atherton has an immediate need for a skilled Estate Facilities Manager to perform general hands-on maintenance duties on the interior and exterior of their 13-acre estate. Duties will include basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC troubleshooting and repairs. The ideal candidate for this position will be detail-focused, a self-starter and a collaborative team player.
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm (flexibility required to handle occasional emergencies)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Local Candidates Only, Please
- Possible travel to other properties
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure main house and out-buildings are maintained to the highest standards.
- Good time-management skills; ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Assist in planning and coordinating all required additions, modifications, or changes to the property.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all relevant OSHA safety regulations.
- Maintain logbook binders and manuals in Facilities office making updates of practices as they change.
- Follow pre-established maintenance schedules.
- Interface/work with various subcontractors and service providers.
- Operate and maintain workshop equipment, tractor, and auto fleet management.
- General errands as required.
- Cleaning of exterior hardscapes, holiday decorating.
- Perform painting and refurbishing projects as directed by Estate Manager.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in proper condition.
- Work safely in accordance with federal, state, local regulations as well as Estate policy.
- Party/event set up/break down, etc.
- Accepts and transports deliveries of heavy boxes and packages for maintenance and repairs.
- Provides back-up in emergency safety situations and other duties as assigned.
- Visually inspects buildings and grounds in the course of daily work and report anything in need of repair or replacement.
- Reviews and implements improvements to procedures in order to increase efficiency and reduce operating expenses.
- General cleaning of outdoor areas, furniture, and equipment.
- Perform specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Estate Manager.
All statements above are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the candidate selected for this role and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of this position.
- Must be authorized to work legally in the United States
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Five plus years of hands-on experience on a large private estate with substantial longevity in past position(s).
- Excellent references from past employers.
- Able to read blueprints and understand construction/operational specifications.
- Basic computer skills and smartphone proficiency. (Word, Excel, iOS)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain a high level of strict confidentiality and professionalism.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, mechanical systems and construction-related trades.
- Technical working knowledge of building systems.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Our client offers a team-oriented environment, competitive wages, and a generous benefits package. We have placed several of our candidates with this family over the years and everyone enjoys the healthy and positive work environment on this very low turnover estate.
- Competitive Pay
- Group Health and Dental Plan – Employer pays 80% of monthly premiums
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA) with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off