Estate Gardener needed for the maintenance of the grounds of a six-acre private estate, including irrigation, planting, watering, pruning and shaping, fertilizing, pest management and overall health and well being of the landscape and hardscape on the property. This is a particularly wonderful opportunity for someone who wants to grow their career in fine estate landscape management. The successful candidate will work under the direction of two Master Gardeners.
- Full-Time Position
- Some weekend work required
- Reports to: Landscape Maintenance Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist to maintain the irrigation system to operational standards and report any problems immediately to the supervisor.
- Maintain all lawns to specified heights and requirements using the assigned equipment.
- Prune and shape hedges and shrubs to the design specifications and as directed by the Landscape Supervisor.
- Assist to implement a fertilization program for all areas of the grounds by measuring and applying the appropriate amounts, types, and application for lawns, ground covers, shrubs and trees.
- Maintain and implement a plan for pest management for all types of pests that may be found in the estate grounds.
- Assist to maintain and implement a clean and tidy property grounds free from leaves, debris and soils by executing daily site cleanliness program
- Monitor and communicate solid conditions, both wet and dry to the Landscape Maintenance Supervisor. Report any problems immediately to the supervisor.
- Maintain all equipment, storage and service areas, and landscape products in a highly clean, organized and consolidated manner. Report any problems immediately to the supervisor.
- Maintain all hardscape to a level of no stains or problems within your control and report any problems to the supervisor.
- Be prompt and on time to all meetings, scheduled work and all timelines established by the Landscape Maintenance Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Estate Manager and Landscape Maintenance Manager.
- Must have a valid and current Drivers License and be able to drive assigned company vehicles as needed.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis and be able to work on various slopes, grades and on various surfaces including lawns, tarps, concrete, soil, mulched areas, and other hardscapes.
- Must be able to communicate in English, either written or orally.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have a positive approach to problems and situations that may arise during the course of the work shift.
- $25-$30 per hour
- 3 weeks paid vacation first year-4 weeks after 3 years of employment
- Paid sick days
- 100% health/dental/life/vision for employee + all dependents (under the age of 26)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401K with match
- Generous year-end bonus