Family with homes in Atherton and San Francisco is in need of an Estate Landscape Specialist for the maintenance of the grounds of the estates, including irrigation, landscape lighting, pool maintenance, pruning and shaping, and overall health and well being of the landscape and hardscape on the properties. The family and staff pride themselves on professionalism, kindness, integrity and organization. Confidentiality, a drive to deliver the best service and open communication are guiding principles for all members of the staff.
- Full-Time Position
- Reports to: Executive House Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and oversee weekly team of landscapers at 2 locations.
- Determine when maintenance is needed on trees, shrubs, and plants on estates.
- Landscape formal gardens as well as pool areas, etc.
- Maintain and repair irrigation systems.
- Maintain and repair landscape lighting.
- Perform maintenance of pool.
- Hire and train temporary landscaping crews.
- Direct the installation and maintenance of landscape projects and workers who implement.
- Work with additional staff to receive daily tasks and assess what needs to be repaired on the property.
- Develop or refine plans for the project, which may include ornamental plants, ground cover, and landscaping structures (e.g., walkways, water, and lighting).
- Estimate costs and negotiate prices for plants.
- Assist housekeepers with heavy lifting and household maintenance when needed.
- Maintain and plant as well as procure flowers for several planters throughout the property.
- Design flower beds on occasion.
- Prune and shape hedges and shrubs to the design specifications.
- Assist to maintain and implement a clean and tidy property grounds free from leaves, debris, and soils by executing daily site cleanliness program.
- Maintain all equipment, storage and service areas, and landscape products in a highly clean, organized and consolidated manner.
- Be prompt and on time to all meetings, scheduled work, and all timelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive House Manager.
- Must have a valid and current Driver’s License, reliable vehicle to get to and from work and be able to drive assigned company vehicles such as a large sprinter van and a side by side “Utility” vehicle.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Horticultures certificate/ degree preferred.
- Well-versed of the life cycles and health issues of the plants, as well as competent in the use of equipment and tools, which may range from large earth-moving machines to hand tools.
- Experience working on a private estate.
- Lawn knowledge, including “green” fertilization techniques.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis and be able to work on various slopes, grades and on various surfaces including lawns, tarps, concrete, soil, mulched areas, and other hardscapes.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written or orally.
- Comfortable working with cleaning solutions and solvents.
- Must be a team player, go above and beyond what needs to be done, take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- $35-$40 per hour
- Generous benefits package