- Local Candidates Only
Private family seeks a hands-on Estate Manager, with demonstrated leadership skills, to oversee all aspects of their large estate located in Atherton, CA.
The Estate Manager will report directly to the Principal and work closely with the Principal’s family Office and household staff. This position will manage a staff of 10+ full-time, employees in addition to numerous vendors and contractors and will be responsible for the execution and refinement of all operational components required to accomplish world-class service, timely responsiveness, and transparent, proactive communication.
The Estate Manager will be responsible for the identification, development, implementation and monitoring of all estate policies and procedures. This position will manage and oversee all capital projects and requires experience with contract negotiations, budget planning and the oversight of large groups of vendors including architects, engineers, consultants and interior & landscape designers. The Estate Manager will be responsible for providing financial analysis on operating budget activities and capital improvement budgets to the Principal and family offices.
The successful candidate must possess demonstrated managerial skills as evidenced by a proven track record of staff development, mentoring and collaborative leadership. The successful candidate must demonstrate thorough and consistent communication, and flawless delivery of all household services and systems to the Principals while working with property staff and family office partners.
- Overseeing the daily operations within the residence and acting as the primary supervisor for the household staff; conducting training, reviewing performance, and managing staff schedules, payroll, etc.
- Managing relationships with vendors; approving quality of work and handling invoices
- Developing excellent working relationships, managing a staff of 10+ employees, working to create a feeling of peace and harmony within the residence
- Ensuring that property is maintained in a ready-to-use state
- Local candidates possessing luxury resort GM experience, are encouraged to apply
- 5+ years of estate management experience, for a private family
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Willingness to work in a hands-on capacity when needed
- Experience building, managing and providing financial analysis on budget activities to Principal
- Discreet individual with demonstrated experience in maintaining the confidentiality of a private employer
- Candidates should possess solid general IT skills and understand their applications in residential and professional environments.
- Excellent written and verbal skills – fluent in the English language
- Successful completion of thorough background investigation required
- Excellent references from past employers
- 24/7 mentality
- Generous, Executive-Level, Compensation Package