Employer is a family office with a growing team managing all aspects of life for a wonderful couple and their children at a number of properties. Within the team are full-time staff representing the varied needs of the family and their properties. The group prides itself on professionalism, kindness, integrity and organization. Confidentiality, a drive to deliver the best service and open communication are guiding principles for all members of the office. Reporting to: Executive House Manager
The Facilities Operations Manager will perform varying and complex responsibilities in a high-visibility, fast-paced environment to ensure accomplishment of the organizations overall goals. Primary duties include providing operational and facility support to maintenance teams at all family owned , BayArea properties. This position requires an individual who works with considerable independence and initiative as an operations manager, exercising sound judgment in accomplishing the projects assigned. Attention to detail, accuracy, and sensitivity to confidential information in addition to written and oral communication, technical, and time management skills are necessary. Requires competency in management and personnel relations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and serves as point-person for all day-to-day property facilities operations responsibilities. Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facilities mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems.
- Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, and building management system.
- Monitor and supervise all service maintenance contracts.
- Respond to emergencies and support any after-hours building needs and activities as required.
- Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in home and recommend actions to be
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, fire/life safety,
and other systems.
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Supervises maintenance staff and vendors.
- Provides facilities management, including planning and oversight of short and long-term
facilities projects, liaison for property management.
- Responsible for safety functions including emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, business
continuity and evacuation procedures and plan as it relates to facilities
- Responsible for purchasing, tracking, and receiving supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for developing/monitoring budgets and reporting financial information to the
Executive House Manager.
- Visually inspects buildings and grounds in the course of daily work and ensures timely repairs or
replacements regarding the property.
- Reviews and implements improvements to procedures in order to increase efficiency and reduce
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Executive House Manager.
- Assists maintenance team with general maintenance duties, such as: fixing wall covers, floor
covers and some furniture and fixtures; light plumbing work, minor electrical repair, painting,
refurbishing projects, and appliance repairs as needed.
- Works safely in accordance with federal, state, local regulations as well as company policy
- Oversee and coordinates disposal of property waste in accordance with city, facility and community schedule
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 plus years’ hands-on experience in the facilities, construction or related industry
- 3 plus years of management experience
- Working knowledge of HVAC, mechanical systems and all construction-related trades
- Technical working knowledge of building systems
- Experience with electrical, plumbing and building repair a plus
- Ability to recognize safety hazards and take precautionary measures to protect self and others
- Must have the ability to diagnose technical issues and determine best course of action
- Knowledge of Crestron and Savant home systems helpful
- Basic understanding of IT and managing devices such as phones, tablets, and printers
- Job duties may require moderate level of physical activity, including squatting, bending, and
lifting/carrying of heavy items (at least 50 pounds)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management, and logistical planning and implementation skills
- High-level critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to connect
operational duties to overall organization goals and strategies
- Creativity and innovation to improve existing processes and define new processes
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build strong relationships
- Drive a manual transmission vehicle
- Properly and safely use general manual and power tools
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Collaborative and team player
- Communication: Communicates clearly and concisely. Able to communicate insights and understanding of issues or problems in a skillful way. Passes on important information.
- Critical Thinking: Asks the right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a situation properly. Anticipates and responds quickly to problems. Finds ways to get projects accomplished efficiently. Positively impacts the team by managing time effectively.
- Self –starter/self-motivated but with ability to take direction from multiple managers.
- Works well Independently
- Attention to Detail: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken words and sentences.
- Takes Initiative
- Works well under pressure, Flexible and able to make changes on the fly.
- Proactive: goes above and beyond what needs to be done. Has the confidence to initiate action
independently; addresses unexpected problems or opportunities without prompting.
- Team Player: Connects with coworkers, leaders and external vendors in an effective manner.
Considers how his/her actions affect other groups or team members. Models a spirit of cooperation with other members of the work group. Works effectively and cooperatively across groups.