Warm and loving Palo Alto family is seeking a full-time Housekeeper | Cook starting mid-August. Candidates who are interested in this position should have previous high-level housekeeping experience in a large home and should feel comfortable following recipes to prepare simple family dinners.
The family is looking for someone who is a conscientious, reliable, self-starter who pays attention to details. They hope to find someone who is open to training and taking direction, and who will be willing and able to partner with a second person in a couple of years when they move into a new home. The ideal candidate will be very organized and able to keep the home very organized both by maintaining existing organization systems and by seeing what needs to be done on their own, with no direction.
The ideal candidate will have strong judgment and will be able to follow a cleaning schedule for the week but will also be flexible enough to change course when needed. This person will be good with children (They will not be caring for children, but children are usually around ) Ideally, the family would love to find someone who has been trained in caring for a home (ironing linens, making a bed properly, caring for granite, etc). Our client would love to find someone who would stay with them for many, many years (10+)!
- Monday-Friday: 12:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday: A few possible hours
- Start Date: August 15th
- Total house cleaning and performance of deep-clean projects
- Strong knowledge of rotational cleaning procedures
- Cleaning and care of fine furnishings and materials
- Cooking dinner each evening
- Driving children/errands
- Purchasing all cleaning/household supplies
- Shopping for household items, food, cleaning supplies, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of recent, long-term, high-level housekeeping experience required
- Excellent references from past employers
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must be able to make a long-term commitment
- Able to work well in a team environment and have a very positive attitude
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation