Lovely Atherton family is seeking a Handyman | Groundskeeper to tend to and assist with the care of the home – both inside and out.
- Tend to daily needs of walkways, parking areas and water features. This includes things such as leaf blowing, cleaning bird droppings, cobwebbing, etc.
- Clean gutters.
- Wash vehicles and fill with gas.
- Perform cleaning duties including (but not limited to) window washing and cleaning exterior furniture.
- Daily dog poop removal.
- Perform minor home maintenance repairs (such as replacing light bulbs, cleaning/replacing filters, tightening screws, etc).
- Provide assistance to homeowners and staff with work inside and outside the home. This may include assisting with bringing up boxes of decorations from the basement, hanging art work, etc.
- Bring garbage cans to the curb on specified day of the week and bring the cans in the day after.
- Report necessary repair work to be done by outside vendors to the household manager.
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, or rain.
- Ability to read English language sufficiently to understand written work orders or instructions.
- Exercise problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented skills are a plus.
- Must have a CA Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Sign a contract/confidentiality form.
- Fill out a W2 form for tax collecting purposes.
- $30 | hour
- 2 weeks of paid vacation. If the total amount of time is not used within the year period, you will be paid out for the remaining hours the following January.
- 3 paid sick days.
- 6 paid holidays.
- Health and Dental insurance is provided by the employer for the employee and their immediate family.