Exciting position for a dedicated and detailed Gardener! This position will report to the Family and Estate Manager. Successful candidates will have multiple years of experience working in a similar capacity on private estates. Candidates should be willing to be very hands-on and comfortable with being responsible for the overall cleanliness of all outdoor areas.
- Atherton, California
- Hands-on gardening for 4 acre estate
- Lawn maintenance, mowing and general upkeep
- Ability to manage landscape contractors/vendors
- Knowledge of Northern CA growing seasons, best planting practices
- Ability to perform general maintenance-irrigation repairs, etc.
- Knowledge of safe use and storage of fertilizers and other chemicals
- Maintain organic vegetable garden, flower gardens
- Ability to act in a professional manner at all times
- Must work well with others within a large estate team
- Ability to work with clients and estate manager to plan and develop new projects
- Artistic talent and desire to achieve a stunning landscape for the clients
- Move patio furniture, holiday decorations, cleaning of all outside areas, removing cobwebs, etc.
- Must have related experience as a skilled gardener on a private estate
- Must have some level of formal horticultural training
- Must currently live in the Bay Area
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English, written and verbal. Spanish speaker would be a great plus.
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to work well in a team environment and have a very positive attitude
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation