Where talent meets opportunity
Head Gardener/Landscape Specialist
- Los Altos Hills, California
- Typically M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
This position will report to the Family and also to the Estate Manager. Successful candidates will have multiple years of experience working in a similar capacity on private estates. Local candidates only.
- Hands-on gardening for 14 acre estate-50% landscaped
- Ability to manage a small team of full-time gardeners and other landscape contractors/vendors
- Knowledge of Northern CA growing seasons, best planting practices
- Ability to perform general maintenance-irrigation repairs, etc.
- Knowledge of safe use and storage of fertilizers and other chemicals
- Maintain organic vegetable garden, vineyard, flower gardens, olive orchards, etc.
- Ability to act in a professional manner at all times
- Must work well with others within a large team
- Ability to work with clients and estate manager to plan and develop new projects
- Artistic talent and desire to lead team in the pursuit of achieving a stunning landscape for the clients
- Must have related experience as a skilled gardener on a private estate
- Must have some level of formal horticultural training
- Must currently live in the Bay Area
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English, written and verbal. Spanish speaker would be a great plus.
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to work well in a team environment and have a very positive attitude
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
If you are interested in this position but are not a registered DomesticMatch candidate please visit www.domesticmatch.com and fill out our initial application. If you have already registered with us and would like more information about this position please email us, email@example.com.
Please Note: We will only be able to respond to those that meet ALL of the requirements listed above, thank you for your understanding.