ABOUT THE COMPANY
A family with multiple properties is looking to hire a Maintenance Assistant to perform general maintenance duties through the properties.
The existing household and family support staff work extraordinarily well together – they rely on and help each other resulting in a strong team.
The culture is one that values work completed in a manner that is thoughtful, warm, efficient and collaborative. In addition, security and confidentiality are paramount.
Perform general hands-on maintenance duties both inside and outside of a private home. Specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Perform painting and refurbishing projects, as directed by supervisor.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance.
- Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor.
- Assures walkways are clean and clear of hazards.
- Maintains all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition.
- Execute short lead time projects and communicates with Maintenance Supervisor on projects.
- Operating light maintenance equipment.
- Works safely in accordance with federal, state, local regulations as well as company policy.
- Disposes of trash/garbage in accordance with facility and community schedule.
- Accepts and transports deliveries of heavy boxes and packages for maintenance and repairs.
- Assists in inventory control.
- Provides back-up in emergency safety situations, and other duties as assigned.
- Visually inspects buildings and grounds in the course of daily work and reports anything in need of repair or replacement regarding the property.
- Reviews and implements improvements to procedures in order to increase efficiency and reduce operating expenses.
- General cleaning for outdoor areas, furniture, and equipment.
- Perform specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Two plus years of hands-on experience in the facilities or related industry
- Working knowledge of HVAC, mechanical systems, and all construction-related trades
- Technical working knowledge of building systems
- Experience with minor electrical, plumbing and building repair, a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to recognize safety hazards and take precautionary measures to protect self and others
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Some excessive lifting, bending, walking and physical requirements
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Local candidates only, please