Our client is seeking an experienced manager to oversee day to day household operations of their residences. The Manager will be responsible for acting on behalf of the Principal(s) for all matters concerning residential property management, staff, onsite events, purchases, guests, cars, safety, and construction management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required along with the ability to adapt to support Principal(s) needs; attention to detail and strong decision-making ability are equally important. This self-motivated individual must be able to manage multiple projects, communicate effectively, simultaneously prioritize critical tasks, and optimize time with Principal(s). Ideal candidate is a career Household Manager with long-term intent and is bright, forward-thinking/anticipatory, meticulous, highly organized, solution-oriented, calm and warm.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Keep households clean, organized and in excellent condition
- Act as day to day supportive manager and supervisor for some household staff
- Direct housekeepers, maintenance and vendors
- Develop and maintain schedule of maintenance for home and cars
- Run household errands including, but not limited to, grocery shopping, supplies, dry cleaning and other requests as needed
- Maintain and manage household inventories
- Manage all events and gatherings on properties
- Create Household Manuals and inventories and schedule semi-annual audits of each one to ensure they accurately reflect the necessary care and maintenance of all furniture, art, appliances, and equipment.
- Though not currently a standard requirement, the above work may occasionally include weekends and holidays
- Serve as the final point of approval with family office for all household bills
In addition to managerial responsibilities, candidate should possess hands-on skills including:
- Managing dry-cleaning pick-up and deliveries
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in safe and sanitary working conditions
- Purchasing groceries and household supplies to maintain inventory
- Maintaining records of related expenditure and submitting receipts
- Caring for household pets
- Maintaining organized garages
- Maintaining organized outdoor areas
- Ability to drive in the Bay Area to commute between properties
- Minimum 5-10years’ experience working in a private home with an emphasis on managing staff, service and multi-faceted estates.
- Experience working in a private home
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks, strategically prioritize them, and analyze risks and opportunities.
- Ability to understand owner preferences and expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal – with colleagues and family office
- Ability to utilize electronic communication via apps, emails, and computers – with Principal (s), staff and family office
- Trustworthiness and integrity, always acting in the best interests of the owner
- Respect for, and emphasis on, confidentiality and privacy with regards to the owner’s private life
- Able to work legally in the U.S., valid driver’s license, and clean driving record not to include major accidents or infractions