The House Manager will demonstrate a positive and motivated attitude, maintain proper discretion and confidentiality, problem-solve, and the ability to think up creative solutions and be an “out of the box” thinker to an array of opportunities. This role requires the ability to adapt to a variable, ever-evolving workload, maintain and manage relationships with vendors and subcontractors, interact and collaborate with employees, contractors, inspectors, and agencies; a strong professional work ethic is a must.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Estate maintenance: the expectation is that the House Manager will identify HVAC, tech, electrical, plumbing, and facilities issues and take steps to address all issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage housekeeping and landscape staff reporting back to the family Special project management such as construction, landscaping, maintenance, and renovations
- Daily visual inspection of exterior buildings and accessory structures. Managing maintenance and repair of the buildings, plant, operations, fixtures, and furnishings on the Property, as directed by the Facilities Director.
- Schedule and oversee contractors and vendors for interior and exterior design, renovations, and maintenance.
- Liaise with vendors, contractors, family office, and estate staff.
- Ensure that all estate systems are working properly.
- Schedule routine service, repair, and maintenance for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, recognize and report to the Facilities Director when specialized or trade services are needed.
- Oversee installation, repair, and upkeep of property operations, making sure buildings facade, outbuildings, operable equipment, and accessories are maintained and kept in good order.
- Troubleshoot AV issues and ensure all equipment system updates are current.
- Monitor all pools and fountains.
- Attend weekly conference calls with the Executive Team to discuss regular maintenance, ongoing projects, repairs, or concerns.
- Other related tasks, duties, and work assignments as directed by the Chief of Staff, Estate Manager, and Facilities Director.
- Past experience managing an oceanfront home and has a deep understanding of all the maintenance requirements due to the ocean elements. We kindly request that you do not apply if you don’t meet this minimum requirement. West Coast experience preferred.
- Smart Home experience-VIP.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working as a House Manager or Butler, in a similar role.
- Should have strong experience managing 6++ domestic employees(this is hyper-important). The person who is hired for this position will manage 6 full-time housekeepers and 4 housemen, no other staff management is required.
- Should be able to create simple spreadsheets, send professional emails, create Google documents, and use a computer/cell phone
- Excellent references from past employers.
- Must have strong longevity in past positions (3+ years in several posts) and amazing references. Our client’s hiring team will not consider candidates who have several short-term positions on their resume.
- Ability to work a very flexible schedule, with many last-minute changes.
- Ability to pass an in-depth background investigation.
- Must be dynamic and proactive, anticipate the client’s needs.
- Team player with a “can-do” and “I’ll figure it out” attitude.
- Possess ability and desire to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Experienced multi-tasker who has the ability to respond to any request in a timely fashion and follow through until its conclusion.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to read and speak English fluently.
- Must be organized, hardworking, trustworthy, calm and positive.
- Service-oriented with a passion for excellence.
- Valid US driver’s license & reliable transportation.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or work visa.
- Excellent | DOE
- 3 weeks paid vacation first year-4 weeks after 3 years of employment
- Paid sick days
- 100% health/dental/life/vision for employee + all dependents (under the age of 26)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401K with match
- Generous year-end bonus
Please Note: We have placed many candidates with this family over the years, they are, kind, generous, and offer a positive work environment!