Our client in Monte Sereno has an immediate need for an experienced House Manager to oversee day to day household operations for their 10,000 sq. ft. residence, which sits on 15 manicured acres. The House Manager will be responsible for acting on behalf of the Principal for all matters concerning residential property management, staff (one Housekeeper & one Nanny), and project management.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has an eye for detail who understands the importance of properly maintaining a fine estate. Our client is “OCD”(their description!) about taking excellent care of the beautiful furnishings and fittings in their home. Candidates should understand how to work and manage an environment that has a multitude of very delicate surfaces.
In our client’s words: “It will be critical that our new House Manager has a true appreciation for keeping beautiful things beautiful, which takes a lot of care and thought.”
Please note that the House Manager who is hired will be tasked with occasionally providing backup childcare if the Nanny is not available(due to sickness, scheduling conflict, etc.). The target candidate for this position will have professional childcare experience; the children are ages 10 & 12.
Candidates for this position should be confident, positive, hard-working, and feel(after a period of time) empowered to enact change.
- Monday-Friday(occasional weekends)
- Start Date: ASAP
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE
- Seamlessly manage property to minimize impact on Principal and act as the point person on daily estate functions
- Act as day to day supportive manager and supervisor for all household staff to ensure they thrive
- Coordinate closely with the Principal family office to ensure comprehensive service delivery
- Walk property regularly to ensure household is running with ease(must work on-sight every day, no remote work option)
- Basic knowledge of physical house systems including smart home systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, internet, a/v equipment
- Manage all household vendors: pond/pool cleaners, landscape crew, handy person, etc.
- Work with Principal and staff to develop household manuals
- Oversees the entire house calendar (service providers & children’s schedule) Coordinate with family’s EA and principal’s EA)
- Schedule children’s activities: tutors, parties, etc.
- Light housekeeping, tidy up kitchen, fluff the pillows, etc.
- Oversee property security, including monitoring services, cameras, and other security systems. Build familiarity with home security operations/personal protection and liaise with key parties appropriately
- Provide management, direction, supervision, and coordination of all estate activities
- Track petty cash and household expenditures, reconcile credit cards and bank accounts
- Promote and ensure privacy and confidentiality in all matters
- Coordinate travel with Nanny and family
- Work with family EA on event coordination, house prep, event execution, etc. as needed
- Minimum of 5 years’ managing a large luxury estate with an emphasis on managing staff, service, and multi-faceted estates
- Ability to work autonomously and make executive-level decisions
- Ability and willingness to act in the best interests of the Principal
- Proven ability as a creative problem solver to identify opportunities in process and create systems and protocols for efficiency and consistency
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks, strategically prioritize them, and analyze risks and opportunities Preference for candidates who are able to leverage technology solutions to this end
- Ability to recognize preferences and expectations of Principal (s) and communicate effectively
- Proficient in modern technology environments including knowledge of or willingness to learn: MS Office Suite, Google Calendar
- Able to work legally in the U.S., valid driver’s license, and clean driving record not to include major accidents or infractions
- Excellent | DOE
- Healthcare Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays