Our client in San Francisco has an immediate need for an experienced, hands-on, professional House Manager who is energetic, flexible, and a self-starter. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly, establish goals, identify deadlines/solutions, and work with a sense of urgency. Our client requires an individual who is enthusiastic about taking on a wide range of tasks and who can establish strong relationships with estate staff (2 Housekeepers + 1 Chef) and vendors.
The person who is hired for this position will be responsible for managing the family’s San Francisco and Napa homes. The target candidate will have a wealth of experience working in large luxury homes and be able to troubleshoot, in a hands-on capacity, all estate systems before calling in specialists. This scope of duties for this position are vast. The House Manager will report directly to the Principals.
We have placed staff with this family in the past and know them to be a fair and generous employer.
- 5 Day Workweek (flexibility required)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Open to Bay Area Candidates, Only
- Breadth/depth of personal capability/experience in the management of large luxury homes.
- Excellent longevity, experience, and expertise in similar positions, verifiable references.
- Professional with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, can supervise others.
- Meticulous and highly organized with an exceptionally keen eye for detail.
- Discreet and mindful of principals’ privacy.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent follow through.
- Able to develop and maintain solid working relationships with service providers.
- Monitoring timelines, deadlines, and budgets for approved bids and ensure they are kept on target.
- Manage multiple calendars.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Tech-savvy with above-average computer skills. (Google Calendars, email, task apps)
- Able to work legally in the United States with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Well-groomed, non-drug user, physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Occasional travel required.
- Long-term intent.
- Inspect the interior and exterior of San Francisco and Napa properties to ensure that they are secure, and the staff and systems are functioning properly.
- Assist in planning and coordinating all required additions, modifications, or changes to the property.
- Work with security team to ensure the safety of family and guests.
- Provide back-up in emergency safety situations and other duties as assigned.
- Visually inspect buildings and grounds in the course of daily work and report anything in need of repair or replacement.
- Review and implement improvements to procedures to increase efficiency and reduce operating expenses.
- Perform specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Principals.
- Schedule and oversee vendors for interior and exterior maintenance.
- Oversee operation of all home systems, including HVAC, cooling, electrical, audio/visual, plumbing, lighting, pool, alarm/security, intercom/telephone, and entertainment.
- Maintain instruction files, manuals, warranties, and a schedule for home maintenance and seasonal projects.
- Review, approve, process invoices. Schedule staff approve payroll hours.
- Establish a preventative maintenance program and work order system to ensure all aspects of the home, both interior and exterior, are covered, and all staff understand how it functions.
- Maintain vendor list and emergency contact for all systems and equipment in the home.
- Purchase household goods and maintain inventory of supplies.
- Manage vehicle cleaning, fueling, and maintenance.
- Party/event planning and execution.
- Perform various other duties as determined by employer.
- On-call 24/7 to handle emergencies
- Excellent Salary | DOE
- Health insurance plan
- Performance review annually
- Paid vacation/sick days
- Discretionary bonus