Our client in San Francisco has an immediate need for a full-time Household Manager. Candidates should have a sense of urgency, enjoy wearing many hats and changing gears quickly. No job too small!
This is a very hands-on role, being out and about running errands, delivering personal items to the Principal, and driving to secondary Bay Area residences. The candidate who is hired will spend much of the day in their car. Flexibility is key as this person needs to be available on-call, fielding requests from the Estate Manager and estate staff members. It’s essential that the Private Estate Assistant maintains a calm demeanor and communicates clearly while managing ever-changing priorities.
- Monday-Friday (must be flexible to work occasional weekend shifts)
- 40-50 hours per week
- Candidates must currently live in San Francisco or Marin County
- Start date: ASAP
- Administrative: manage vehicle registrations, create inventory spreadsheets, review vendor invoices, renew insurance policies, etc.
- Errands: lots of time in the car, driving between West Marin and San Francisco daily
- General labor: move heavy furniture up/down stairs, heavy lifting
- Mail: handling all household mail in San Francisco and visiting the PO box daily: ensure that Principal received mail in a timely fashion
- Cars: managing maintenance and records for auto fleet
- Light household maintenance: fixing squeaky doors, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Events: working all parties/events to manage set up of furniture, buying supplies, etc. Assist estate staff with the hands-on execution and buying/pick up supplies, clean up
- Gear: maintain an inventory of bikes, surfboards, and all their accompanying accessories. Transport gear to jet, repair shop, etc. Knowledge of bikes and surfboard, basic care and maintenance
- Pets: assist estate staff with managing vet appointments, etc.
- Vendors: In coordination with the Estate Manager, greet vendors, coordinate appointments, etc.
- Research: research and purchase household products and sporting equipment
- Packing: pack/unpack sporting gear and personal supplies for family
- Travel: some travel possible
- Other duties as assigned by Principal and estate team
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of sporting equipment/machinery
- Must have references that demonstrate commitment, reliability, discretion, and productivity
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills!
- Must have an advanced administrative skillset, strong computer skills, understanding of smart home technology
- Must be able to take instructions as given but must also be proactive and able to work individually, often with little or no supervision
- Must have an affinity for details and be capable of synthesizing details succinctly
- Successfully complete an in-depth background investigation, including a cyber/social media risk evaluation
- May be asked to travel occasionally
- Comfortable with being outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must possess valid driver’s license and maintain an excellent DMV record
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must be a non-drug user and a non-smoker/vaper
- 85-95K | DOE
- Health Benefits
- Mileage reimbursiment
- Discretionary Bonus