Atherton family of four(two adults and two older children) is looking for an experienced Housekeeper. The Housekeeper who is hired will be responsible for the cleaning and organization of the family’s large home. The ideal candidate for this position will be discrete, warm, positive, and kind.
The Housekeeper will follow various cleaning schedules to ensure that the entire home is cleaned in the most convenient and efficient way for the family. The ideal candidate must be detailed, service-oriented and willing to work collectively with existing staff to maintain high standards of service and overall efficiency of residence.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Monday-Friday: Occasional weekends
- Shift start time: between 7:00/9:00 am
- Reports to the Principals and House Manager.
- Cleans the main house, guest house, and all other assigned areas.
- Organizes personal items and closets as directed.
- Laundry and ironing. Sheets are laundered in-house.
- Inventories, orders, and stocks the laundry room and pantry with all needed equipment and supplies per guidelines provided.
- Occasional errands.
- Changes bedding and make beds as directed, mattress rotation.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Gathers and empties trash bins.
- Cleans furniture and fixtures as directed while using only approved products.
- Dust furniture, walls, machinery, and equipment.
- Willing to assist with moving and arranging of furniture – if required.
- Carries linens, towels, toilet items and cleaning supplies, among other things as required.
- Washes dishes and cleans kitchen, including polishing the silverware.
- All other housekeeping tasks as requested.
Profile of Candidate:
- Highly ethical and discreet, self-starter.
- Enjoys and takes pride in being a career housekeeper!
- Keen eye for detail and extensive experience cleaning high-end homes.
- Forward-thinker with the ability to look ahead and anticipate.
- Team player with a “can-do” and “I’ll figure it out” attitude and ability and desire to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the care of fine finishing’s, special surfaces and how to work around high-end artwork and antiques.
- Must enjoy working with Non-Toxic cleaning products and should never use cleaning products that are not approved.
- Must have high cleaning standards.
- Must be experienced with deep cleaning and organizational projects.
- Must have experience with ironing and caring for high-end linens and delicate fabrics including sheets.
- Experienced multi-tasker who has the ability to respond to any request in a timely fashion and follow through until its conclusion.
- Must be able to follow specific directions and able to graciously accept feedback.
- Must be able to take the initiative to proactively look for anything that needs attention and work on it or report it to the appropriate party to get it resolved.
- Should possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be organized, hardworking, trustworthy, calm, and positive and should be capable of multitasking.
- Positive, friendly disposition.
- Service-oriented with a passion for excellence.
- Must love dogs!
- Must have 10+ years of professional experience as a Housekeeper for a family.
- Willingness to work after hours or on weekends from time to time.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it for work.
- Long-term intent.
- Must have strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Punctuality and good attendance record is a must.
- A polite individual who is flexible, self-motivated, a team player and energetic.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Must be a non-drug user and a non-smoker.
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Excellent references and a clean background check (due to the sensitive nature of the position, an in-depth background check will be conducted before the start of employment).
- $35-$40 | DOE
- 15 PTO days (vacation + sick)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Discretionary bonus