Manager of Estates required for a Washington, D.C. based family office. While this is a manager role, the position requires working in a team environment alongside an array of full-time staff, part-time staff, and contractors/vendors. The MoE reports directly to the family office CEO and is responsible for working directly with the Employer and CEO to plan and execute the ongoing management and maintenance of the estate’s properties. The MoE will be required to oversee the various properties’ staff on all levels and also collaborate closely with the CEO on property initiatives.
Please Note: Our client is willing to consider candidates who are currently living in the D.C. Metro area or those who have strong connections to the region. We kindly request that you do not reach out to us if you do not meet these requirements.
A more detailed position description will be provided to candidates prior to their presentation to the family office.
The MoE role exists to minimize the time burden to the Employers of managing the administrative, maintenance and management components of the portfolio so the Employers’ can ultimately maximize their time spent enjoying the properties.
The properties include:
- •Primary residence, Washington, D.C.
- •Future primary residence currently under construction, Washington D.C.
- •Vacation homes in CA, MT, ME
This is a full-time, 40-50 hours per week, typically Monday – Friday position and requires flexibility for additional days, weekends and longer hours as mutually agreed in advance. The MoE will report to work at an estate office close to the primary residence. The MoE will also travel to other properties on a periodic basis and more frequently, as special projects require.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- •General Management
- •Property Administration
- •Security, Safety and Environmental Compliance
- •Project Management
- •Hospitality Services
- •Staff Management
- •Authorizations and Invoices
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- •At least 10 years of property management experience, ideally in high-end residential operations and maintenance. That experience should include:
- •At least 8 years of staff personnel, contractor and vendor management.
- •At least 5 years of residential construction project management experience.
- •Operational knowledge of residential building systems and components, utility systems, landscape and hardscape.
- •A college BS or BA degree.
- •Must have excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- •Must have references that demonstrate commitment, reliability, discretion and productivity.
- •Must be a team player with excellent leadership and delegation skills.
- •Must be able to take instructions as given, but also be proactive and anticipatory; a self-starter who is able to work independently, often with little or no supervision.
- •Must have an affinity for details and be capable of synthesizing details succinctly.
- •Must be a skilled executor, with sound judgment; able to discern when to escalate an issue and when to resolve independently.
- •Successfully complete an in-depth background investigation, including a cyber / social media risk evaluation.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- •Have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite. Additional familiarity with Apple technology and project management software is desirable.
- •An understanding of contracts, leases and insurance, and an ability to collaborate with Employer’s attorneys, insurers, and family office / financial managers.
- •General Building and/or Engineering Contractor, LEED AP and ICC Combination Inspector licenses/accreditation are desirable.
- •Ability to read and follow instructions for equipment and materials.
- •Understanding of OSHA health and safety requirements.
- •Knowledge of governing agency regulations, building codes, insurance requirements and construction methods. Ability to read and follow company policies, procedures and agreements.
- •Must have valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record. Must have own personal vehicle that can be used for back-and-forth between the estate office and the Owner’s primary residence.
- •Have superior process, project, and time management skills.
- •Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest quality internal customer service.
- •Process-oriented; enjoys developing and implementing systems and documents.
- •Strong analytical, communication, and change management skills.
- •Mature and collegial individual who is positive and persistent. Demonstrates poise and grace under pressure.
- •Ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with Employer, Family Office, staff and vendors.
The MoE will report directly to the CEO and will work regularly from an estate staff office close to the Employer’s primary residence. The MoE will be in the field as required for meetings, inspections and management of the properties and projects. The MoE will need to be adept with working remotely, collaborating online, and communicating through a variety of electronic methods (Microsoft Teams, e-mail, text message, video chats). The Estate is a team environment — when other Estate team members are unavailable to perform their duties, the MoE may be asked to step in, roll up his/her sleeves, and pitch in on work that is not typical MoE scope.
- •Medical/Dental/Vision | 80/20
- •Retirement Plan
- •Discretionary Bonus
Highly stable work environment with a family office that values their team. This opportunity is special in many ways.