The Manager of Administrative Household Operations will provide administrative management for daily household functions and team support. Will liaise with all internal departments, external entities, and vendors, as well as with the Family when necessary. Supervises the Administrative Assistant for Household Operations. This position is for local candidates only.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
● Provide oversight of household activities. Manage and maintain operational calendars for the Bay Area residences, as well as correlate Family’s calendars. Transfer and share information with key stakeholders as it pertains to the schedule of the homes.
● Oversee staff and vendor access to properties, security access and maintenance requests, guest and personal appointments, send schedule updates to relevant stakeholders as needed. Determine and communicate adjustments to prevent conflict on site.
● Primary person responsible for alerting staff about access and changes to access. Cross-communicate to all household staff and security personnel and understands who receives what level of detail regarding the schedule.
● Assist in coordinating outside vendors to perform routine and non-routine residential work at Bay Area properties. d
● Ensure proper contracts and NDA’s are in place with vendors, contractors, and visitors ahead of entry to the property and schedule escorts for vendors when necessary.
● Manage billing process for vendor and other contract-based invoicing. Approve invoices for home maintenance and other related costs.
● Schedule event staff for dinners, handle contracts and billing for support staff. Work with Family’s business offices to execute on format and food preferences for hosted meals. Print menus as needed.
● Create and maintain databases and documents to manage: contacts, gifts (incoming), storage inventory, food preferences, etc.
● Work alongside Executive House Manager on the properties’ recruiting needs. Coordinate interviews as directed. Participate in vetting and interviewing of candidates. Coordinate onboarding of new hires with the Central Office.
● Manage Administrative Assistant for Household Operations, delegating and tracking task based work and small projects.
● Oversee management of family pet needs and miscellaneous personal support.
● Liaise with the Family’s teams at their respective workplaces, family and friends for deliveries, personal asks and events at the home.
● Manage the Family’s annual holiday gift project.
● Complete special projects for the Executive House Manager as needed.
● Minimum five years’ experience managing complex calendars, with a focus on operational efficiency. Preference for experience supporting high net worth and/or high profile principals.
● Collaborative, communicative problem solver. Confidence in making quick decisions, and knowing when to escalate problems to supervisor for resolution.
● Roll up your sleeves to make sure the job (and any job!) gets done.
● High level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion in business matters.
● Ability to work outdoors or in a non-office setting.
● Ability to travel, on occasion.
● Willingness to, on occasion, work evenings or weekends.
- Communication: Communicates clearly and concisely. Able to communicate insights and understanding of issues or problems in a skillful way. Passes on important information.
- Critical Thinking: Asks the right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a situation properly. Anticipates and responds quickly to problems. Finds ways to get projects accomplished efficiently. Positively impacts the team by managing time effectively.
- Self –starter/self-motivated but with ability to take direction from multiple managers.
- Works well Independently
- Attention to Detail: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Takes Initiative
- Works well under pressure, Flexible and able to make changes on the fly.
- Proactive: goes above and beyond what needs to be done. Has the confidence to initiate actions independently; addresses unexpected problems or opportunities without prompting.
- Team Player: Connects with coworkers, leaders and external vendors in an effective manner. Considers how his/her actions affect other groups or team members. Models a spirit of cooperation with other members of the work group. Works effectively and cooperatively across groups.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES, ONLY PLEASE
- Amazing benefits!