Our client in San Francisco has an immediate need for two mature, warm, caring, playful, professional Nannies to assist in the care of their infant. Candidates must speak fluent Brazilian-Portuguese.
The family is seeking candidates who are refined, reliable, accountable, physically fit and healthy. Non-smokers only! Candidates should have the ability to multi-task, be able to accommodate the changing schedules of the family and always remain positive and calm.
The Ideal candidates are career Nannies with long term intent who can create a safe, caring, nurturing and stimulating environment in which their child can develop. The home environment is informal but well organized, efficient, and happy!
Safety and security of the child are paramount. The family requires discretion and highly values confidentiality. It is important to honor their privacy at all times.
When possible, a change in the routine schedule will be discussed in advance. Reasonable flexibility is expected in times of emergency or unplanned schedule changes.
- Live-Out (Occasional live-in when parents travel)
- Light Travel
- Schedule: 3/4 days on-3/4 days off; 40 hours or 55-60 hours per week.
- Weekend & Holiday Work Required
- Brazilian-Portuguese Speakers, only
- Local Candidates Only, Please
- Start Date: End Of November
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Ideally familiar with the Montessori and/or RIE Methods. Excited about continually learning new techniques and philosophies, and collaborating with parents on an integrated approach to caring for their children.
- Enjoy planning activities for child/children outside of the home such as hikes in nature, museum visits, music groups, dance classes, etc.
- Basic Safety and Security training provided (first aid training, child and infant CPR, etc)
- Supervise the child’s activities at all times: home play and organized play
- Support family during local visits to friends’ homes, restaurants, events, and other family activities
- Plan, supervise, and maintain rest, bed and nap times
- Plan and prepare meals, bottles, and snacks for the child; supervise mealtime
- Ensure feeding supplies are clean: bottles, bibs, utensils
- Feeding the child when parents are not available
- Change diapers and facilitate the transition through Toddler Potty Training
- Bathe child as necessary or when parents are not available
- Dress child appropriately for activities including proper footwear and essentials considering weather and location
- Communicate child’s behaviors to parents and agree on consistent discipline; communicate this with other nannies
- Administer medicine to the children, as necessary and directed
- Organize child’s bedroom and play areas ensuring proper sanitation
- Perform light housework related to childcare, clean up after meals, tidy play areas, and wash bottles and feeding equipment
- Maintain an organized diaper bag stocked with items the child frequently uses or needs while out and about
- Attention to detail in maintaining a clean environment for the child
- Schedule appointments, coordinate with the second nanny
- Execute an extreme level of confidentiality
- Enjoys the outdoors
- Ability to swim
- Experience traveling with children on commercial airlines
- Personality traits: gracious, kind, adaptable, flexible, emotional maturity, common sense, sense of humor, happy!
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision from parents and; self-starter
- Good communication and judgment skills
- Wealth of experience with infants and children of all ages
- Knowledgeable and proactive with developmental stages and proactive in teaching children
- Adept at working in a team environment, experience in a staffed home
- Understand the importance of maintaining balance of warmth and professionalism; not overly talkative
- Training in early childhood education preferred
- Prefer no personal cellphone use while in the home, occasional call/text is fine
- Car, driver’s license, auto insurance, safe driver with an excellent driving history
- Comfortable driving family car and children in the city and suburban areas
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Flexibility to travel domestically or internationally
- The family may have additional children in the future, candidates should be open to the potential of caring for more than one child
- Must be comfortable with large, friendly dogs!
- $62,000-$83,000: 40 hours per week.
- $86,000-$124,000: 55-60 hours per week.
- The annualized rate ranges above will be divided into an hourly rate and represent the total annualized compensation, regular time + overtime.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Mileage reimbursement (work-related miles)