Below you will find the position description for a new opening with one of our most amazing clients. We have placed several of our candidates with this family over the last few years; everyone LOVES their positions. The family treats their team with a great amount of respect; they genuinely want everyone to feel successful in their roles, well-compensated, and happy.
This is an opportunity to join a young and dynamic team; it will be a life-changing position for the candidate who is successful in securing this role!
- Local Candidates Only, Please
Personal Assistant required for a Washington, DC based private family office. Responsible for providing administrative and household support services to Client and Family Office. This includes organizing and leveraging their time effectively by maintaining seamless calendaring, coordinating logistics and preparation for appointments, social/business functions, and travel (domestic, international, commercial and private), actively maintaining detailed filing system, reconciling and filing expense reports, overseeing special projects, running errands, and performing other support activities as requested.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who brings experience to the table yet still has a hunger for learning with a “no task is too small” mentality. He/she is proactive, thoughtful and humble, and ready to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves.
This is a full-time position, requiring regular attendance at an office within normal business hours to handle the day-to-day activities. Occasional weekend or overtime hours will be set well in advance and with mutual agreement. The Family Office Assistant is overseen by the Family Office CEO, but will receive regular direction from the Client as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule appointments and meetings for Client and Family Office CEO, including coordination with multiple calendars
- Make travel, transportation and lodging arrangements
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages; Place and track orders as needed for residence and family office
- Handle telephone calls, emails, and written correspondence when appropriate
- Actively maintain personal and family office records and files
- Run errands as needed
- Communicate frequently and collaboratively with family office staff including estate manager, chef, housekeepers, and nannies
- Communicate frequently and collaboratively with other support staff in corporate offices and external vendors
- Assist with household event planning, including organizing meetings with event planners, caterers, florists, security, etc.
- Assist in preparing for and receiving household guests and visitors
- Demonstrate a high level of poise, professionalism and discretion at all times
- Oversee selected personal collections, including but not limited to artwork, china, silver service, library, closet, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare advance-briefing materials for meetings and events
- Assist in management of the holiday season, including cards, gifts, entertainment, etc.
- Keep team members informed of schedule, as appropriate
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the clients and the family office
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Candidates have at least five years of administrative experience supporting a busy, senior executive- level manager personally and professionally. Previous family office experience as well as corporate or high-end event planning are preferred.
- Have a strong attention to detail and sense of urgency, while being a self-starter
- Be professional, organized, resourceful, honest and an excellent communicator – both verbal and written
- Be able to pitch in wherever and whenever needed to achieve the highest-level outcome
- Be able to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, discretion, diplomacy, and sound judgment
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence with the ability and desire to deliver with cadence, thought, logic and passion
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, be quick on his/her feet, adapt easily to change and be a team player
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, anticipate needs, and manage upward
- Have advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and internet navigation
- Be comfortable with an Apple products including iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, etc. and willing to regularly take photos and communicate via messaging or video apps as necessary; Familiarity with Pinterest, Instagram, and other image-sharing programs is desired
- Value a sense of style and high (understated) aesthetic standards
- Have a driver’s license and a personal vehicle that can be used for running errands and commuting between Client’s primary residence and nearby family office
- Successfully complete an in-depth background investigation, including a cyber/social media risk evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to legally work in the United States
The position requires computer and phone work for extended periods of time, as well as lifting and distributing mail and packages. The event planning and event hosting duties may require some physical lifting and/or long periods of standing or walking, including outdoors in all types of weather.
The work environment, while generally quiet, is very high profile and can be high pressure at times. Some of the work is performed at a residence, while some work is done in our family office. An individual will need to be willing to drive back and forth as needed. Individual must be able to reliably and discreetly handle interaction with and phone calls/correspondence from high-profile individuals, including but not limited to public, social and political figures and officials.
- Excellent Hourly Rate | DOE
- Healthcare Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Discretionary Bonus