- One OR Two days per week (TBD)
- Must live on the Peninsula
Hillsborough family of four (two children, ages six & 3) seeks an experienced and accommodating part-time Chef to cook for them one, or two, days per week. The family would like for the chef who is hired to cook and serve dinner on the cook day, and leave prepared foods in the fridge/freezer for following days. A typical shift would have the Chef working on all aspects of the food preparation for the evening meal, including menu planning, pantry stocking, shopping, preparing, cooking, serving, and cleaning-up.
The family is looking for a Chef with experience working in private residences, who has an interest in wholesome, healthy and nutritious food. The principals like versatile menus, including Californian, Italian, French and Mediterranean cuisines. The emphasis should be on fresh, seasonal, healthy produce. Along with preparing meals for the family, there will be the occasional dinner parties for four/six guests.
- Chef is responsible for shopping for food purchases, including grocery items from local supermarkets and farmer’s markets and keeping track of his/her receipts
- Chef must maintain the daily organization and cleanliness of the kitchen
- Chef serves and cleans up after meals
- Work closely with family to plan menus for daily meals, and dinner parties
- Must live locally(Peninsula) and have relevant experience in the Bay Area
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience at a fine restaurant or in a private residence
- Highly organized, ethical, flexible
- Prompt and dependable. Punctuality is a must!
- The person must have a great attitude. They should be positive, cheerful and “up for any challenge.” They should be passionate about cooking and dedicated to doing whatever it takes to source the best ingredients and prepare the best meals possible
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, non-drug user and a non-smoker is a must
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English is required, and must be eligible to work in United States
- Excellent references and a clean background check (due to the sensitive nature of the position, a background check will be conducted prior to the start of employment)
- An excellent hourly rate will be offered to the chef who is chosen for this role