Busy Atherton family of four (2 adults and 2 children, ages 6&8) is seeking a health-focused and passionate chef to prepare meals four days a week. Applicants should be local and have at least 2 years’ experience working in a private residence. Our client hopes to hire a chef who is very health-minded themselves, cooking in a healthy fashion should come naturally for the chefs who wish to be considered for this position.
The focus of this position is on organic, high-quality ingredients, prepared in a simple fashion. A usual day will consist of shopping, arriving at the home around 1:30 pm (ish), preparing foods for the dinner and prepping a few items for breakfast (egg muffins, green shake prep, cashew milk, etc.) Extra salad from dinner is the typical go-to lunch item, if the family is home for lunch. Prepared items are left in the fridge or on the counter, the family serves themselves. The chef should normally be able to leave the kitchen by 4:30 pm, after a detailed cleanup.
Tastings will be scheduled immediately and will entail cooking a two course plated dinner for the family. Chefs will be paid an hourly rate for the trial dinners.
- Monday through Thursday
- 15-16 hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
- Local Candidates Only
- Creating menus for weekly meals
- Grocery shopping for all food items
- Leave healthy snacks in the refrigerator
- Organize and clean the kitchen/food pantry after use
- Kitchen sanitation
- Must be discreet, organized, and sensitive to client’s needs
- Submit weekly menus to client for approval
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Excellent references from past employers
- Non-smoking chefs only!
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Should be able to gracefully accept constructive criticism
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Hourly-Excellent DOE