- Tastings Start on January 2!
Sausalito family is looking for an excellent chef to prepare family lunches,dinners and upscale dinner parties. Ideal candidates will be very discreet and have a mix of in-home and high-level restaurant experience. Applicants MUST have experience with vegetarian and vegan cooking, knowledge of Asian and Indian cuisines strongly preferred.
The family prefers health-conscious, organic, foods; chefs are encouraged to purchase the finest quality ingredients that are available. Lunches and dinners are plated and served by the chef. Qualified candidates will be scheduled for trial dinners and paid an hourly rate for the tastings.
- Creating a variety of menus based on the season and preferences of family members
- Vegetarian and vegan cooking-frequently
- Preparing high-level dinners as needed
- Food/wine inventory control
- Grocery shopping for all food/kitchen/supplies
- Leave healthy snacks in the refrigerator
- Prepare food for following days as needed
- Organize and manage the kitchen
- Chef should have a keen understanding of food/ kitchen sanitation
- Setting the table/table service
- Stock house with all beverages/supplies
- Able to work a flexible schedule on occasion-some LATE nights
- Must have at least 5 years of full-time, private, cooking experience
- Must have at least 5 years of luxury restaurant cooking experience, sous chef or higher
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Excellent references from past employers-no exceptions
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record-willing to use personal vehicle for work
- Must be able to willingly accommodate needs of the family
- Looking for candidates with a GREAT attitude who are comfortable working independently
- Should be able to gracefully accept feedback from family