Private Chef needed for a large family, who eat a clean, organic, 85% plant-based diet. Our client is looking for a Chef who is naturally well-versed with healthy and clean cooking but is also creative and innovative with fine cuisine.
- Houston, TX
- Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Monday-Friday: occasional weekends
- Start Date: Immediately
- Local Chefs Only, Please
Our client is seeking a chef who will be responsible for preparing Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner 5 days a week and leaving healthy prepared foods/snacks in the refrigerator for days off. Health-conscious, organic, and clean, green foods preferred. Chef applicants must be flexible to work one weekend day each week.
Qualified candidates will be scheduled for trial dinners and paid an hourly rate for their time. Chefs should be discreet, friendly and professional. The ideal candidate will be a team player and willing to pitch-in where needed.
- Creating menus for family meals; occasional dinner parties and special events
- Plated and family style dinners, chef sets the table, serves and cleans up after service
- Food inventory control
- Grocery shopping for all food/kitchen items
- Leave healthy snacks in the refrigerator
- Prepare food for days off
- Organize and manage the kitchen’s pantry
- Kitchen sanitation is VERY important to our client, the chef is responsible for the cleaning and organizing the kitchen, cleaning the floor, appliances, exhaust fan, drawers, etc.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, to accommodate occasional changes
- Must be willing to travel 4x per year to vacation home (7-10 days per trip)
- Must have strong experience with international cuisines
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must have excellent references from past employers
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record-willing to use personal vehicle for work
- Should be able to gracefully accept constructive criticism
- Private cooking experience preferred
- Excellent | DOE
- Healthcare Insurance
- 2 Weeks’ Paid Vacation