Busy Atherton family of four (2 adults and 2 children, ages 6&8) is seeking a health-focused and passionate chef to prepare meals four days a week. Applicants should be local and have at least 2 years’ experience working in a private residence. Our client hopes to hire a chef who is very health-minded themselves, cooking in a healthy fashion should come naturally for the chefs who wish to be considered for this position.
The focus of this position is on organic, high-quality ingredients, prepared in a simple fashion. A usual day will consist of shopping, arriving at the home around 1:00 pm (ish), preparing foods for the dinner and prepping a few items for breakfast (egg muffins, green shake prep, cashew milk, etc.) Extra salad from dinner is the typical go-to lunch item, if the family is home for lunch. Prepared items are left in the fridge or on the counter; the family serves themselves. The chef should normally be able to leave the kitchen by 5:00 pm, after a detailed cleanup.
Tastings will be scheduled immediately and will entail cooking a two course plated dinner for the family. Chefs will be paid an hourly rate for the trial dinners.
- Monday through Thursday
- 16 hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
- Local Candidates Only
- Creating menus for weekly meals
- Grocery shopping for all food items
- Leave healthy snacks in the refrigerator
- Organize and clean the kitchen/food pantry after use
- Kitchen sanitation-must keep the kitchen VERY clean!
- Chef candidates must have 5+ years of professional restaurant experience
- Must be discreet, organized, and sensitive to client’s needs
- Submit weekly menus to client for approval
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Excellent references from past employers
- Non-smoking chefs only!
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Should be able to gracefully accept constructive criticism
- Must have a reliable vehicle
$50-$55 | Hr. DOE