Bicoastal executive couple seeks an excellent, service-minded, Private Chef to travel with them to their East/West Coast homes to prepare and serve lunch and dinner on a daily basis, as well as to prepare foods for house guests, frequent dinner parties, and occasional events.
Chefs should enjoy preparing a wide range of cuisines and be willing to work with the family to achieve their health related goals. Ideal candidates will be very flexible, professional, discreet, and have a mix of in-home and high-level restaurant experience. The family prefers health-conscious, foods which are prepared in a simple but elegant fashion; meals are plated and served by the chef. After an initial interview with the estate manager, qualified candidates will be brought in for trial dinners and paid an hourly rate for the tastings.
The ideal candidate for this position will be calm, friendly, organized, punctual, and a self-starter.
California | New England
- Full-Time Private Chef
- 5 months in New England
- 7 months in California
- Start Date: ASAP
- Creating a variety of menus based on the season and preferences of family members
- Food/wine inventory control
- Grocery shopping for all food/kitchen/supplies
- Shopping for housekeeping and other household supplies
- Responsible for keeping a clean and organized kitchen throughout the meal preparation process
- Responsible for leaving the kitchen immaculate after mealtimes
- Leave healthy snacks in the refrigerator
- Prepare food for following days as needed
- Organize and manage the kitchen
- Chef should have a keen understanding of food/ kitchen sanitation
- Setting the table/ professional table service
- Stock main house and vacation houses with all beverages/supplies
- Must be willing to take on additional duties when required: running errands, etc.
- Providing detailed expense report monthly
- Must have a service heart and truly enjoy making others happy!
- Able to work a flexible schedule which will change frequently, depending on the travel schedule of the family
- Must have at least 5 years of luxury restaurant AND at least 3 years of experience working full-time for a prominent family/individual
- Strong wine knowledge or interest
- Table service experience preferred
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to willingly accommodate needs of the family-holiday work required
- Looking for candidates with a GREAT attitude who are able to interact in a professional and pleasant manner with the family and other estate team members