- Frequent Travel Possible
- Position Start Date: ASAP
Atherton family with two children, ages one and three, is seeking an early childhood development expert to join their team. The position will be based in California and will require the teacher to travel often, domestically and internationally.
The ideal candidate for the position will be an expert in their field with impeccable references from past employers. The teacher will communicate directly with the parents and nannies. Experience working in a private residence strongly preferred.
Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Study, Child Development, or related Bachelor’s Degree with at least 30 credits in these disciplines, with at least five years of classroom experience working with children in a state-licensed program is required. Knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate teaching practices in the early childhood classroom is essential to this position.
- Communicate and interact directly with each child at the child’s level.
- Communicate with and respond to individual children during activities and routines.
- Be available and responsive to children’s needs, questions and requests.
- Encourage and model social behavior and expectations that are developmentally appropriate.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Establish a well-designed environment with clearly defined, well-organized activity areas.
- Maintain and refresh the indoor and outdoor learning environments in accordance with the needs, strengths and interests of the children.
- Maintain and model safe and healthy practices for children at all times.
- Carefully observe children, document observations, collect samples of children’s work and use all information to individualize and plan a developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children.
- Submit and discuss curriculum plans with parents.
- Provide a variety of developmentally appropriate materials to foster social skills, self-concept and creative expression.
- Plan and implement a daily schedule that provides a balance of activities: indoor/outdoor, fine/gross motor, etc.
- Respond immediately and appropriately to unexpected situations or emergencies.
- A genuine passion for early childhood education and playing an integral role in the lives of children.
- Ability to guide family to help them maximize the development of their children.
- Ability to work well with other estate staff, chefs, nannies, managers, etc.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Able to pass an in-depth background investigation.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record-candidates will be required to drive.
- Able to work legally in the United States.
- Must be able to make a long-term commitment
- Fluency in English
- 75/90K DOE
- Full Health/Dental
- Bonus Potential
- Exciting Travel