Note: This is a hands-on Property Manager(Caretaker) position with a strong focus on facilities and exterior property maintenance, it is not a House or Estate Manager role.
The Property Manager will demonstrate a positive and motivated attitude, maintain proper discretion and confidentiality, problem-solve, and the ability to think up creative solutions and be an “out of the box” thinker to an array of opportunities. This role requires the ability to adapt to a variable, ever-evolving workload, maintain and manage relationships with vendors and subcontractors, interact and collaborate with employees, contractors, inspectors, and agencies; a strong professional work ethic is a must.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Hands-on estate maintenance: the expectation is that the Property Manager will troubleshoot all HVAC, tech, electrical, plumbing, and facilities issues and make in-house repairs when possible.
- Manage housekeeping and landscape staff reporting back to the family Special project management such as construction, landscaping, maintenance, and renovations
- Daily visual inspection of exterior buildings and accessory structures. Managing maintenance and repair of the buildings, plant, operations, fixtures, and furnishings on the Property, as directed by the Facilities Director.
- Schedule and oversee contractors and vendors for interior and exterior design, renovations, and maintenance.
- Liaise with vendors, contractors, family office, and estate staff.
- Ensure that all mechanical, electronic and plumbing systems are working properly.
- Schedule routine service, repair, and maintenance for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, recognize and report to the Facilities Director when specialized or trade services are needed.
- Maintain all tools and equipment required for the facilities in good order, including inventory control.
- Oversee installation, repair, and upkeep of property operations, making sure buildings facade, outbuildings, operable equipment, and accessories are maintained and kept in good order.
- Troubleshoot AV issues and ensure all equipment system updates are current.
- Monitor all pools and fountains. Daily inspection of chemical level, scheduling cleaning and repairs as needed.
- Attend weekly conference calls with Facilities Director to discuss regular maintenance, ongoing projects, repairs, or concerns.
- Other related tasks, duties, and work assignments as directed by the Chief of Staff, Estate Manager, and Facilities Director.
- Past experience managing an oceanfront home and has a deep understanding of all the maintenance requirements due to the ocean elements. We kindly request that you do not apply if you don’t meet this minimum requirement. West Coast experience preferred.
- Smart Home experience-VIP.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working in a similar capacity.
- Excellent references from past employers.
- History of longevity in past positions.
- Ability to work a very flexible schedule, with many last-minute changes.
- Ability to pass an in-depth background investigation.
- Must be dynamic and proactive, anticipate the client’s needs.
- Team player with a “can-do” and “I’ll figure it out” attitude.
- Possess ability and desire to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Experienced multi-tasker who has the ability to respond to any request in a timely fashion and follow through until its conclusion.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to read and speak English fluently.
- Must be organized, hardworking, trustworthy, calm and positive.
- Service-oriented with a passion for excellence.
- Valid US driver’s license & reliable transportation.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or work visa.
- Excellent | DOE
- 3 weeks paid vacation first year-4 weeks after 3 years of employment
- Paid sick days
- 100% health/dental/life/vision for employee + all dependents (under the age of 26)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401K with match
- Generous year-end bonus
Please Note: We have placed many candidates with this family over the years, they are, kind, generous, and offer a positive work environment!